Last updated on November 21st, 2018 at 11:23 pm
Geez.. It’ s been a long time since I checked this blog.
I can say 2014 was kinda a crazy year for me… mostly due to my study and work. There was even a point where I forgot that I had this blog LoL. Thanks God I passed that. I got my degree so no more stress for finals or papers etc… I’ve found a new job too which is a bit stress-free because I am doing what I am good at (mostly).
Then now, I am thinking to start writing again. Actually, there are some posts in my draft box. Those would be my old journals or hotel reviews. The contents are mostly ideas on how to write… But .. Hm… Have you ever had so many ideas in your head on what to write, how to write it, etc.. but at the end, you can’t finish what you write? Just like writing the topics only to get them out of your head.. But then, you don’t develop them. You don’t finish them. I had it a lot that I decided to start fresh. Just let go all those drafts and start a new post.
2014 was really a lazy time for me to write. I guess it is still now. You may have seen some posts with no pictures. I am sorry for that. I will remove the picture notes.
Meanwhile, let’s see if I can finish this one. Let’s review my trip in 2014 before I start writing new journal.
FAMILY TRIP TO BALI
[ Uluwatu Temple ]
For the xx times, I visited Bali again. This time, I was sort of like a guide for my uncle’s family. Well, they like me being in charge with the itinerary so… Sometimes, I wonder how it’s like to be the participants instead :p
Anyway, what I enjoyed on this trip was the fact that there were 5 girls who have the same ‘party’ style so we could have an awesome nightout : ) Yeah, we had parties for sure plus visiting some beaches. I even visited Uluwatu Temple, finally… It’s ashamed for being able to visit this famous temple now, after visiting Bali so many times. But my fave on this trip was the dinner at Ultimo Restaurant, Seminyak. Yep, it’s the dinner, not a beach. I’ve been wanting to try this place and finally I made it. I love the pasta and pizza. Desserts (pina colada, tiramisu) are not my fave. But the price is very value! And the portion.. ow.. a lot!! This place is recommended!!
Then, we got a chance to visit Motel Mexicola and La Favela, both in Seminyak. These places were ‘happening’ (aka booming) that time. Motel Mexicola is a nice Mexican restaurant to chill out and chit chat with your friends while having tacos, margaritas, etc. The decor is very Mexicana. While La Favela is more exclusive and suitable for romantic dinner. I love its décor. Price is more expensive than Motel Mexicola.
As for hotel, I stayed in:
(1) Jesen’s Inn 2 in Bakung Sari street. The room is clean, pool is small but looks clean. Location is surrounded by souvenir stores with affordable price. But it’s a long walk, 20min to Bali Bomb Monument (Sky Garden Club) and even a longer walk to Kuta beach.
(2) Tune Hotel Legian within short walk to Legian beach but located in a quiet neighborhood. Love this place.
[ Motel Mexicola ]
[ La Favela ]
[ Ultimo Restaurant ]
[ Ayam Betutu ]
Local food lunch at Kuta: Ayam Betutu (fried chicken/steam chicken with spicy sauce/sambal), Sate Ayam Lilit(chicken satay), Lawar (spicy mixed veggie)
[ Pandawa Beach ]
Overall, we (esp the girls) had a lot of fun ^^
EXPLORING BEACH IN YOGYAKARTA
[ Borobudur Temple ]
You may have read my post about this trip (“Exploring the Beach around Yogyakarta“), but let me put it in brief here.
I never thought I would be back to Yogyakarta since I’ve been there a lot! But my friends said that they would visit the beach, which I didn’t know such tourist spots were there. So, few weeks later, I found myself in Yogya.
I love the beach. It’s prohibited to swim there because of many rocks, but the place is still clean, still natural.
I love their local food “Gudeg”. If you don’t mind with a bit sweet food, you must try this!
As for hotel, we stayed in:
(1) Virgo 2 Inn in Wetan II alley, Sosrowijayan street. It’s new and clean. It’s near Malioboro street where all the crazy night life (shopping, food) happen here.
(2) EDU hostel, female dorm. It’s clean but many insects and crazily loud at night. The hostel is used for by students on school trips. Very disturbing!
[ Baron Beach ]
[ Krakal Beach ]
[ Yogyakarta King’s Palace ]
These ornaments are so adorable !! These were the mini-soldiers.
[ Gudeg, the local food ]
Overall, it was an exciting trip. It’s always exciting if you go with your friends.
PAHAWANG ISLAND, A GEM IN SOUTHERN SUMATERA
Who would have thought that there would be this beautiful snorkeling site in the southern of Sumatera island, not too far from Jakarta. I’ve been to most snorkeling sites around Java island, Bali, and Lombok but I never thought of this place. I am so grateful that my friend telling me about it. I love most of the snorkeling sites here. Why? The view is awesome, the water is calm, and you can see a lot of Nemo within your reach. Unbelievable! The boatman said that there were many other beautiful sites but only for people who are good at snorkeling. Sadly, you’ll find a lot of people joining a snorkeling group who don’t know how to swim or snorkeling and they simply step or touch or kick the corals. I am so sad seeing that.
Anyway, you can read my detail story on “Hunting Nemo in Pahawang island, Sumatera”.
Overall, I love this island and I would be back! Highly recommended for snorkeling!!
I went back to Bali to free my mind of those finals headache. It was last day of final. Mostly, I was just relaxing on this trip, sleeping at the hotel. Well, I craved for many good night sleeps cause I hardly slept during finals for about a month prep. (crazy times).
Then I fell from my motorbike cause this stu**d guy (foreigner) suddenly cross a two-way street, without checking the traffic first. It was in Legian street, the main “big” street. D*#n! Luckily I drove slowly. So, for you who have never been to Bali, pleaseeee, I beg you to check on the road (see left and right) before crossing the street, even it’s just a small street.
The rest of the trip was so so. The party was not as awesome I thought it would be. There were 2 groups of girls who have different style of party… One group is suitable for Seminyak. The other is suitable for Kuta. We visited Potato Head, Kudeta, Sky Garden that night. But to be honest, I hardly enjoyed the party.
But hey, there were awesome times too. The night I checked out gay bars in Seminyak with my friends turned out to be an ‘awesome’ night. Then I had time to try this burger place, “Wacko Burger”, that looks so yummy… (taste good too)
As for hotel, I stayed in:
(1) Fourteen Roses Beach Hotel in Melasti street. I love this hotel. Very close to Kuta beach and Melasti souvenir market. I found a nice massage place in Melasti street, which I forgot the name. The room is old but clean. I love the little garden and swimming pool in the center. I would stay here again!!
(2) Grandmas Legian, Legian street. Room is small and clean enough. Staffs are kind. But they have this regular mosquito spray in the morning, causing smoke everywhere. They checked me on day 2 as well, whether I would extend, while my booking was for 2 nights. Imo, this is a nice hotel for short stay but that regular spray is pretty annoying. I won’t stay there again.
[ ‘Down Under’ burger @ Wacko Burger, Seminyak Food Village ]
Overall, it was just an okay trip. Plus, I lost my camera files too and the only one left is this burger photo lol. 😀
* * * * * * * * * *
some pictures are courtesy of Sy, Ti, Zm
* * * * * * * * * *
Hey.. I finish this post ^^/
Lastly, I always add this when new year starts…
(I just pick up some interesting points)
Crunchy numbersA New York City subway train holds 1,200 people. This blog was viewed about 7,000 times in 2014. If it were a NYC subway train, it would take about 6 trips to carry that many people. The busiest day of the year was June 12th with 56 views. The most popular post that day was ☆ My Travel Tips to Bali island, Indonesia.
Attractions in 2014
These are the posts that got the most views in 2014.
- 1 ☆ A quick look of Gili Trawangan and Senggigi, Lombok island 0 comments April 2013
- 2 ☆ Islands Hopping from Phuket-Thailand to Penang-Malaysia 2 comments February 2012
- 3 ☆ Time to explore Karimunjawa islands !! 3 comments August 2013
- 4 ☆ My Travel Tips to Bali island, Indonesia 2 comments February 2012
- 5 ☆ Berakhir Pekan ke Pulau Tidung 14 comments April 2013
Some of your most popular posts were written before 2014. Your writing has staying power! Consider writing about those topics again.